Thank for you visiting the consultation website in support of our proposals at F Lloyd (Penley) Ltd, Wrexham Industrial Estate. This consultation is open for comments and feedback from the public and businesses alike until 2nd April 2023. All information and documents are presented in draft format so that any comments can be collated, evaluated and if appropriate, incorporated into our proposals prior to the submission of a formal planning application.
The consultation is undertaken in compliance with the Town & Country Planning Act, 1990 and provisions of the Town & Country Planning (Development Management Procedure) (Wales) Order, 2012 and related guidance published by the Welsh Government and Wrexham Borough Council.
FI Real Estate Management (FIREM) is pleased to present its ideas for development proposals on behalf of F Lloyd (Penley) Ltd, Wrexham Industrial Estate through this online exhibition and community consultation.
Wrexham Industrial Estate is the second largest such estate in the UK, host to over 300 companies, and a strategically important employment location for Wrexham and the wider North Wales economy. Investment in existing premises is central to maintaining the presence of existing businesses and encouraging their future growth. F Lloyd (Penley) consider the existing units no longer meet their modern business needs, falling short on storage space and efficient operation of the units.
FIREM is developing its proposals for the development at F Lloyd (Penley) Ltd, Wrexham Industrial Estate. F Lloyd (Penley) is one of Wrexham’s largest warehousing and transport companies, and has provided high quality industrial warehousing, transport and logistics solutions for over 40 years. This scheme has been designed to respond to growing customer demand by extending the existing units and improvements to the service yard.
FIREM hopes to bring forward development in mid-2023 following grant of planning permission.
This proposal will create an extension, “Extension X”, providing 3,930m2 of additional floorspace to an existing unit situated in the upper site at the rear. A canopy will be provided over loading bays for weather proofing. The floorspace will be storage and distribution use, Use Class B8.
The layout will provide extended floorspace internally and will move the loading area to three bays within the extension, with closure of the existing bays. The new layout consolidates the loading areas to 3 parallel bays leaving the main warehouse open for storage in a more efficient arrangement. Extension X will require remodelling of the existing access ramp and service yard area approaching the unit as part of the works.
More details of our planning policy response and technical information on Drainage, Transport, Landscape, Trees and Ecology are provided in the links below to the draft detailed planning application.
There is a second warehouse extension application, known as “Extension I”. also being consulted on in parallel. Use this link to view those details and how to comment on this other proposal.
The consultation period will run until 2nd April 2023.
You can provide feedback by email or letter as follows:
• By Post to: FI Real Estate Management (“F Lloyd (Penley) – Extension X, Wrexham Industrial Estate”), Canal Mill, Botany Bay, Chorley, Lancashire PR6 9AF
• By Email to: [email protected] (please put “F Lloyd (Penley) – Extension X, Wrexham Industrial Estate” in the subject line)
After the consultation period has ended all feedback will be collated and evaluated to inform the final planning application proposals. Any comments received after this date may not inform our evaluation.
To access the below reports please click here.
- F Lloyd (Penley) – “Extension X” Drawing Pack (DMWR)
- F Lloyd (Penley) – “Extension X” D&A (DMWR)
- F Lloyd (Penley) – Planning Statement PAC (Plan Red)
- PAC Site Notices in English and Welsh
- F Lloyd (Penley) – Waste Management Plan (Plan Red/ F Lloyd Penley)
- F Lloyd (Penley) – Preliminary Ecological Assessment (PEA) (UES)
- F Lloyd (Penley) – Phase 1 Desk Study (LK Consult/ Shape Engineering)
- F Lloyd (Penley) – Draft Flood Consequence Assessment (LK Consult/ Shape Engineering)
- F Lloyd (Penley) – Draft Drainage Strategy (Shape Engineering)
- F Lloyd (Penley) – Draft Transport Statement (Prime Transport)